Sunday, May 1, 2011

Social mommies and love sick maids

Don't you just hate hosting dawats? No? You don't? Oh right. How about you have people coming over your house every 4 days out of a 7 days week. Yes? Now you do? Good. Cuz we are on the same page then.

Why do mommies have to call every other newly wed couple over for dawat? Fine, it's a tradition, they are her daughter's in-laws yada yada but they ditched me. okay, I'm not even going to get into that. Just the work. There's hell lotta work to do man.
So, we had this maid who, obviously was in love with her ex-husband and this other dude from her village as well and decided to elope with that village man. As much as I'm happy that she didn't re-marry her ex, which would've been haram ofcourse but, why? Why did she elope? She could've just married that man and still come to work. That would've been better. But oh no no no she just had to run away.

Ugh.

Yes I  have a new maid but she's an old woman who takes off on sundays and my mum wouldn't call her on a sunday cuz awnnn she deserves a break too. She does. Dawats are a pain. i dunno what's gonna happen after rukhsati and I'll learn to cook I know Beena aunty will be there to help but the whole thought is just too scary.

Mum, you shouldn't be raising the bars this high for me.

No comments: